Navigate Your Career with BWB Universitybecause education doesn’t end at graduation.
Welcome to BWB University! At Buffamante Whipple Buttafaro, P.C. we believe our staff members must never stop growing. That’s why we offer BWBU as one of our many exciting employee benefits.
Would you like to take your career to a new level and unlock opportunities for yourself that you never knew existed? BWB helps its employees to create a vision for their future and provide them with tools to turn their vision into a reality. At BWBU, we will continue your education with professional development resources geared to your day-to-day responsibilities with the firm.
Here’s what you can expect from BWBU:
Comprehensive first year orientation. Your education with BWB starts on day one of your career with us! We provide our staff with a comprehensive orientation that helps you learn about our firm and its history, our clients and our services and what you can expect in your first year with us. At BWB, we never make you feel as though your career is “sink or swim”!
- A progressive curriculum. In your first year of employment with us, we provide you with an educational foundation to help you better understand what we do as CPAs and as business advisors. Along with on-the-job training, we offer both in-house courses and courses designed and taught by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Foundation for Accounting Education and other leading continuing education providers. The curriculum for subsequent years will build on the concepts learned in your first year.
- CPAim. At BWB, our strong commitment to professional development leads to an expectation that our staff members will achieve CPA certification within a short period of time after joining our firm. Our comprehensive CPAim program will help you to study for and pass the CPA exam.
- Training on ProSystem fx Engagement. ProSystem fx Engagement is the backbone of a significant portion of our services. That’s why we offer 16 hours of specialized training, designed by the program’s developer CCH.
- Training with AuditSense. As part of BWB University, you will participate in recurring training with one of the country’s leading audit consulting firms. Course offerings in the first years are technical in nature and are designed to ensure audit efficiency and effectiveness. Focus in later years includes advanced technical topics as well as supervisory and teambuilding skills, coaching and other management level subjects.
- Individual and Business Tax Training. The complexity and ever-changing nature of income and business taxation demands that our professionals be current and knowledgeable in these areas. As such we provide in-house and outside tax continuing education for staff at all levels of the firm.
- Specialized Industry Training. BWB is a premier service provider to niches such as property and casualty insurance agencies, school districts and non-profit organizations. That’s why we offer courses to set our employees up for success when performing services specific to these industries. Our specially designed courses are available throughout your BWB career!
Personal Development. Although the majority of your coursework at BWBU will be in technical professional development, we also enlist the help of external instructors to provide training in soft-skill development areas such as professionalism and effective communication.