Helping Your Company to Stay on Course
Western New York CPA firm Buffamante Whipple Buttafaro, P.C. is a premier audit firm that has the insurance industry on lock. Founded in 1971, our team has the collective expertise unique to your company’s needs. Rated as a top audit firm by AM Best Review, BWB can provide your company with quality audits and ensuing consultations to help you continuously improve your business.
A member of the BDO Alliance, we specialize mostly in property and casualty as well as workman’s comp, medical malpractice and title insurance.
Why Clients Choose Us
- Our experience is unmatched. Thanks to the volume of audits and filings we perform each year, our team members are frequently exposed to a variety of best practices. When we work with your company, we bring a cross-pollination of this knowledge to our consultations with you. We do the homework for you—learning what’s working in the insurance industry—so that your company stays current with best practices. All of our clients benefit from this.
- We’re always learning. BWB believes in spending money to make money—not just for us but for your business especially. We constantly invest in training our staff members to stay current in this unique field. Insurance regulations are always in flux. We regularly reach out to clients about regulatory changes that are in the pipeline then we guide them on how to implement those changes from an accounting standpoint.
- We’re relationship people. Our overall firm philosophy is a dedication to personal attention and professional service. We pride ourselves in maintaining close personal relationships with our clients. This helps us to continuously address any challenges that may come up for our clients and work with them on cost-effective solutions.
- We help you to benchmark. As your firm of choice, our goal is help you to stand out in your industry. That’s why we provide benchmarking information that includes ratios and analysis, which we will present to your board of directors. Let us help you to continuously improve your business and attain financial success by evaluating best practices in the insurance field.
Let Us Help You With
- Preparing statutory annual statements.
- Consulting your team on how to represent your agency before state regulators.
- Tax planning and income and premium tax returns.
- Risk assessments for business plans.
- Finding a qualified actuarial service; leverage our strong connections with actuaries.
- Prepare for a merger and acquisition - get guidance on the accounting you need to perform so you understand the financial ramifications of the potential merger.
- Offering educational presentations to your employees, trade association members and your board of directors.
- Get management advice such as financial analysis, reinsurance analysis and negotiations and how to represent your agency before rating bureaus.