Preparing Your Agency for Changing Conditions
At Western New York CPA firm Buffamante Whipple Buttafaro, P.C.
, we pride ourselves in a diverse clientele located throughout the U.S. Thanks to our vast experience in working with governmental agencies and the ever-changing regulations, we stand ready to provide your agency with the most credible service in the marketplace.
What sets us apart?
- Involvement from the top. BWB places two members of management on projects with governmental agencies. This is essential because it means that our top leadership is not only uniquely involved with the services we offer to you but they know how and when to respond if we encounter complex situations.
- Years of experience. Because of the volume and depth of services we’ve provided to government agencies throughout the years, our talented team carries a wealth of expertise regarding the unique challenges facing today's governmental entity.
- Continuous training. One distinct and competitive advantage we bring to governmental clients is the absolute commitment to provide ongoing, specialized training to our staff members. We continually update our comprehensive library of technical and proprietary resources, which helps us to effectively handle the complex, constantly changing rules and regulations that impact the government sector.
- We remain well-informed. At BWB, we keep our knowledge current in the ever-changing laws and regulations that continue to evolve as governments get more regulated. This insight helps us to guide our clients through the changing tides. We understand that your agency is constantly challenged to do more with less. We’re here to help you maximize your resources so that your agency runs efficiently and serves its purpose.
Let Us Help You With
OMB Circular A-133 / Single Audits.
Whether you’re with a state or local government agency, BWB believes your single audit is not just compliance but also long-term success. We not only offer auditing services but we will also consult with you on specific ways to improve your organization based on the resulting information. In addition, our staff members are fully trained to help you navigate the sweeping changes made by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget to Circular A-133 in December 2013—released as part of its guidelines, “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Understanding Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The private and public sectors are different in significant ways—and that includes accounting and financial reporting standards. The staff members at BWB understand these differences and the unique characteristics of governments and the environment in which they operate. Let us help your team with understanding Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) accounting standards and preparing your reports accordingly.
- Review Internal Control Systems. At BWB, we perform general technology audits—in other words, we evaluate internal control systems to ensure your agency has the systems it needs to prevent against security breaches. Our main task is inquiring whether your agency has proper security measures in place and if they have been tested by outside parties and recommending that you have them if you don’t.
- Bond Issues and Refundings Reports. In our 45 plus year history, BWB can help guide you through the complexities of bond issues and refundings. Even if required to do every 10 years, our staff members have the history and collective experience to help your agency with these requirements.
Board Training and Presentation. BWB compiles reports that speak to board members with varying backgrounds. We’ve been known to offer reports that inspire board members to make educated decisions regarding resource allocation. That’s because we take the time and put great effort into creating presentations that offer “takeaways.” In other words, your board members will walk away with a better understanding of the financial picture of your agency.
More Services We Offer:
- Budgeting, preparation and analysis
- Internal control studies and review
- Forecasts and projections
- Cash flow management